Steel Park - Lulea, Sweden
Steel Park is just over 14,000 of custom concrete mixed with skateable, reclaimed pieces of steel. The steel pieces (and park name) are a nod to the city of Lulea's extensive industrial heritage.
The concept was developed by Finnish Element pro, Janne Saario, and is based on the idea of a giant ladle pouring molten steel into the concrete to create the bowl/flow area. It then blends into the street area.
As seen in the photos, the large bowl are and street sections are both peppered with skateable steel objects. The general shape of the park optimizes flow which makes hitting the various ledges, rails, gaps, and banks nearly effortless.
Thanks NCC construction (Sweden) and to Steel Park Blog for the photos!
- Other Parks in International
- Steel Park - Lulea, Sweden
- Hudiksvall Skatepark - Hudiksvall, Sweden
- Helsingor Multipark -Helsingor, Denmark
- Vaxjo Skatepark - Vaxjo, Sweden
- Jet Sunny Plaza, Taiwan
- Linkopings Skatepark - Linkopings, Sweden
- Umea Skate Plaza - Umea, Sweden
- Santiago, Chile - Rob Dyrdek Plaza
- Gavle Strand Plaza - Gavle, Sweden